Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017 Resolutions








10. Eat healthier, be healthier.

My husband and I did the Whole30 challenge in 2016, and I enjoyed it. I was also diagnosed with a pretty severe gluten allergy. I’d like to make better choices. I did give up soda (haven’t had one in four months) and have only been getting one pump lattes at Starbucks (grandes normally have four pumps of syrup). I want to continue these good choices.

9. Read at least one Great Stack book a month.

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know that I recently sat down (for a few weeks time) and compiled a database of all the books on The Great Stack (my name for my TBR pile, that used to be two bookshelves double stacked, and has now started overflowing to the floor in front of it.) I’ll insert a picture of it. Anyway, the total number of books (AFTER I unhauled about 100) was 757 – this does not account for the books I need to add/am waiting on from post-Christmas gift cards, gifts, and sales.

I want to make a dent in this, regardless of pressure to focus on new releases.

8. Read at least three classic books.

I wanted to read more classics in 2016, and I read one. So, I’m setting a real goal. I want to read three classics. I’ve been buying gorgeous versions of them, and I need to read them.

7. Practice self-care/learn to manage stress.

I need to learn to pause, relax, and know when I’m under stress. Work and grad school and family stuff, and other things have made for an insanely stressful year. I want to recognize that I need fifteen minutes alone to think, or to take a hot shower, or just stand outside with a cup of tea for a few minutes.

6. I cannot buy a new book unless I have read at least 5 books since my last purchase.

I’m stealing this from Laniey at GingerReadsLainey because I think it’s a good system, especially with my desire to make a dent in my TBR.

5. Read at least 50 books.

50 books was my goal for 2016, and I read 72. I’ll only be in school (*knock on wood*) for half of the year, so it shouldn’t be difficult. I want to focus more on reading good books, and savoring them, rather than the total number. So slowing down from the 136 books I read in 2015 will be good.

4. Graduate from graduate school.

This month should be the start of my last semester, and I honestly can’t wait for it to be over. This has been one of the most stressful experiences I’ve gone through, and I’m hoping it’s worth it.

3. Post a blog post at least once a week.

I’ve been really, really slacking on blogging, which sucks because August of this year will be my 3rd year blog-iversary, so I’d like to do it right.

2. Read at least 15 minutes a day.

No matter what, whether that be a physical book for hours, or reading a few pages on my Kindle app while cooking dinner, I want to read every day.

1.     Be the best me (wife, sister, daughter, aunt) I can be.


Pretty self-explanatory—I want to strengthen myself and my relationships.





No comments:

Post a Comment