Monday, February 29, 2016

February Wrap-Up + March Pre-Orders!









I read 6 books in February, which isn't terrible, it's closer to what I thought I was going to be reading, at least for my first semester of grad school. Overall I would say it was a good reading month because I liked everything I read this month. I'll just get into it.

 
The lowest rating I gave this month was a 3/5 stars, but I give a 5/5 to every cover and design in the books I read this month. They're all gorgeous.
 
---


The Imposter Queen by Sarah Fine

Sarah Fine's Guards of the Shadowlands series is one of the most original and amazing series ever, it has a permanent place of my "favorites" shelf. If you haven't read it yet, you are missing out. I was excited for this book to get to see the author do something a little different. I ended up giving this 4/5 STARS. The beginning was a little slow, but once the story got going, it really, really got going. It took me a day or two to read the first 1/4 of the book, and then I devoured the other 3/4 in the a day. I loved it. I hope to do a full review later.



Unravel Me by Taherah Mafi

I'm so glad I'm finally getting into this series, I wasn't blown away by any of them, but I would have adored them if I read them a few years ago, but this installment was my favorite in the series. I gave this one 4/5 STARS.



Welcome to Night Vale by Joseph Fink

I thought this was ok, I own the physical book, but I also bought the audiobook because the voice of Night Vale is necessary to understand this universe. I ended up giving this a 3/5 STARS, I enjoyed it, but (similar to the podcast) it was a little nonsensical, and I missed some of the major storied from the podcast, and the elements there. I didn't like the characters the book chose to follow, and I didn't connect with them. I recommend it if you love the podcast, but for a casual listener, it wasn't the best experience.  



Ignite Me by Taherah Mafi

I finished this series you guys! Be proud, and hold your applause for the end. I gave this 3/5 STARS, I didn't love it. I sort of hated Juliette, and Warner wasn't my fave, and Adam was just...the worst. I did like Kenji a lot, and I liked the story itself. I felt the ending was like jumping off a cliff after running 100 miles straight. Surprising, like the ground was whipped out from under me, and then kind of anti-climactic.



Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys

I adored this book! I listened to it on audiobook and got through it in less than a day. I cried, twice! I loved it. 5/5 STARS, and I plan to do a full review later. Read this!!




I liked this. It was a great audiobook, and I own the physical book too, to turn on while I was cleaning and laugh and smile and cry. I gave this 4/5 STARS. I liked it a lot, I had no context for Jenny Lawson prior to the audiobook--I've never visited her blog, and I don't follow her on Twitter, and I thought it was a great introduction for me. I've since purchased her first book, and can't wait to get into it.

---


I have 7 books pre-ordered for the month of March, of those only one if by an author I haven't read before, 

Out on March 1:


The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski

First of all, I would gladly by 100 copies of this book if I could afford it to thank the publishers for giving it to us in the original cover. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out this link: http://fiercereadsya.tumblr.com/post/135726757299/a-cover-re-reveal-the-winners-trilogy-by-marie). Second, I adore this series and can't wait to see the end!

 
Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor

This is the author I haven't read yet, but this description just sucked me in.

Out on March 8:


The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins

I pumped to see what Higgins does with this new story. Her Sweet Evil trilogy was one of my favorite reads, and I like her writing style.



Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare

I'm about halfway through Clockwork Prince and I'm planning to finish The Infernal Devices before I read this one, but I don't love them. Hopefully I'll love this one more.



Map of Fates by Maggie Hall

You can check out my review of the first book in this series HERE, The Conspiracy of Us was one of my favorite books of 2015, so I'm DYING to read this one!!

Out on March 15:

 
Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tulcholke

I love April Genevive Tulcholke, check out my review of her first series HERE. I'm super pumped about another series from her, and I hope it's just as creepy and romantic!

Out on March 29:



Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry

I zipped right through the first book in this companion series, and I'm anxiously awaiting this one.












No comments:

Post a Comment