Tuesday, January 5, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 2016 New Year's Resolutions!












Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome. 


10. Read more of my older books. 

Meaning don't just read my pre-orders, or books that I've picked up on a whim. I make it pretty well known how truly out of hand my TBR pile has gotten, and I need to reign it in. 


9. Try to read some classics

I've read a few, but not in a while. Only if I want to, and I'm allowed to put it down if I'm not into it. 

8. 3.0 on first semester of my Masters program

I start my MA program in January, and with working full-time and trying to get some reading in, I'm setting a realistic goal. 

7. STOP. BUYING. BOOKS. 

Or at least cut back seriously. Not including pre-orders, but I have almost 600 books unread in my living room, I need to focus on those, and pre-orders, not buying books on a whim. See #10.

6. Cut back on caffeine

I live on caffeine. I think this might help with #3 as well. 

5. Read 50 books

I hit my goal of 125 this year, and then some! But with school and everything else, again, a realistic goal. I read 106 my last year of undergrad, so I know this is a low number, but I don't want to stress myself out for no reason. Again, #3. 


4. Eat healthier

Once again, #3, I stress eat, and it always crap. 


3. Learn to manage stress 

 My stress is already out of control. This year isn't going to make it easier, so I need to get some techniques and tricks to keep it in check. If you have any, comment below!


2. Continue to spend time with my family

I've been focusing on this a lot more since we lost my mom, and I need to keep it up, even as I get busier and busier. This is important for my stress too. 

1. Be the best wife I can be

As always, this is important to me. I love my husband, and no matter what, I try to make sure he knows that. Also, not stressing about my failings will help with #3. 




No comments:

Post a Comment