Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday, sort of...









This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "Top Ten Books I Wish Santa Would Leave Under my Tree," but, here's the thing, for my Christmas gift to myself I participated whole-heartedly in Barnes and Nobles 2/$20 book sale (ongoing until December 24!) (ALSO there was a second coupon for $20 off $99, that has since ended), and I got 10 books that were on my wishlist, 1 physical book that I own on Kindle, and 3 books for Christmas gifts for others, for around $100! So, I Santa came early for me, and I'll recount the 10 wishlist books for you here. 


10. The White Rose by Amy Ewing

I went back and forth about buying this -- I didn't love The Jewel, the first book in this series. But one of the main reasons was because I didn't feel like there was enough explanation of a magic system that exists in the world. However, for $10, I'll take a chance. 


9. The New Order by Chris Weitz

I own the first one, haven't read it yet, but I own it, and have heard great things. 


8. The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton

I own this one on Kindle, and have heard such amazing things about it. 


7. Even When You Lie to Me by Jessica Alcott

I've been really wanting to read this, but keep putting off buying it for some reason. I'm all about unreliable narrators. 


6. Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George

I've read a few things by Jessica Day George but haven't been blown away. I've heard this one has her writing talent and a more grown-up story.


5. All Fall Down by Ally Carter

I adore Ally Carter, and I've seen some quotes and edits around Instagram, so I'll give it a show. 


4. Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra

I love ballet shows and movies, but I haven't read anything like this before. And I love the cover. 


3. The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne 

I struggle to commit to contemporary hardcovers, but $10 is probably the cheapest I'll find this one. 


2. Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre

I own the first one, haven't read it yet, but I know I will, and will likely love it. 


1. Tracked by Jenny Martin

I originally had this pre-ordered and then cancelled it because it was a summer release in the middle of a ton of other releases from authors I was more familiar with. But I've heard good things, and $10 is worth the risk. 

In case you're wondering, the three gift books were the first two books in the Starboard series and A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the physical book was The Sin-Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury.


No comments:

Post a Comment