Wednesday, December 30, 2015

TOP 15 BOOKS OF 2015!








I decided to do my Top 15 of 2015, but I'm only going to go in-depth with the top 5. I had one rule, and that was that I could only pick one book by each author. Also, these are books I READ in 2015, not necessarily books that were RELEASED in 2015. Links either take you to my full review or my monthly wrap-up with that book in it. Here we go!

 
15. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
 

14. Icekissed by Amanda Hocking

 
13. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

 
 
12. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
 
 
11. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
 
 
10. Armada by Ernest Cline
 
 
9. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
 
 
8. Magnolia by Kristi Cook
 
 
7. The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
 
 
6. Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill
 
 
5. The Martian by Andy Weir

This book was probably one of my biggest surprises of the year. I didn't expect to enjoy it at all, much less absolutely love it, and then go on to obsess about it. I'm not a science-y person, but the humor and tone of this book was just my style.
 
 
4. The Best of Enemies by Jen Lancaster

Every female in the world should read this. Jen Lancaster is phenomenal, and if you haven't read my Jess Recommends...JEN LANCASTER post, you should do that. Now. Seriously. I'll wait. This is one of the best examinations of female friendships I've ever read.
 
 
3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

This book. Was just. Perfect. The characters feel so tangible and realistic that it's hard to let them go, especially when it was first released, I went into this book thinking it was a standalone and knowing that my frame of reference for high fantasy would never be the same.
 
 
2. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi

This entire series spoke to my soul. You can read my full spoiler-filled review HERE. There are some moments about grief and loss in this series that will leave you breathless. I adored this series and am mad at myself for putting it off for so long.
 
 
1. Frozen Tides by Morgan Rhodes

I haven't written a full review of this yet because I want to re-read it. Because it's amazing. Morgan Rhodes is such an amazing writer, and this series is constantly on my mind. If you aren't reading this series, you need to get on it.
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These are some great ones! Falling Kingdoms seems to be on everybody's list, I really need to get to it. Also ACOTAR because Sarah J Maas. Duh.
    Loved this♥

    Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for encouraging me to read An Ember in the Ashes. I was dying for this book, but I wasn't sure once they said that i'll be a series. But I'm now convinced. Everyone seems to love it and the hype is unreal!

      Delete
    2. Falling Kingdoms is just so amazing! You should make it a priority! lol And An Ember in the Ashes was one of my biggest surprises of the year, I love it so much, I gave it out as a Christmas gift to all of my bookish friends. :)

      Delete