Wednesday, June 3, 2015

#T5WFamily -- Top 5 Favorite Books of the Year So Far!

 Top 5 Wednesday was started by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey. Lainey is one of my absolute favorite BookTubers, so check her out--she's always linked in the Awesome People section at the bottom of this page!
 
For more info on Top 5 Wednesday check out the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group.

Check out all members of the Top 5 Wednesday Family HERE
 
This weeks Top 5 Wednesday Topic is:  
 
TOP 5 FAVORITE BOOKS OF 2015 SO FAR!
 
I set the parameter that I could only do one book in a series, and these are books I've READ in 2015 so far, not necessarily books that came out this year.

 
 
5. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I loved this book, and the more mature tone has really set it apart for me. If this is what is in store for me when I finally pick up the Throne of Glass books (which I own all of...), then it's a crime I've waited so long. I liked the characters, the myths, the world, and the story, and I'm so excited for the next one.
 
 
4. Magnolia by Kristi Cook

I think this is a case of a book that I read at the exact right moment in time. This book was exactly what I needed when I read it, and I still think about it often. I loved the characters, their decisions, banter, and story. If you haven't read this, I recommend it, because I read it instead of sleeping one night. I'm so happy that I ordered an autographed copy for my favorites shelf.
 
3. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel

This book blew me away when I read it. I went in with less than high expectations, and was completely amazed by a cast of characters, a relationship, and a future I couldn't walk away from. I read this on Kindle, ordered a physical copy, and pre-ordered the next book all within a week.
 
 
2. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

There's a theme here, and that's books that I read on my eReader that caused me to open my wallet to own in physical copy. I pre-ordered this on my Kindle, and then ordered the hardcover before I even finished it. This book was amazing. It was original, exciting, and I didn't want to put it down. Probably one of my favorite books I've ever read.
 
 
1. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

This is where the one book in a series thing comes into play. I read both Rebel Spring and Gathering Darkness this year, but chose Gathering Darkness because the story really started to make me giddy in this installment. I cannot wait for A Book of Spirits and Thieves, which comes out later this month, and Frozen Tides in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment