Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Wrap-Up + July Pre-Orders!

I had a slightly disappointing reading month, I only read eight books in June, but a large part of that is due to the fact that I spent about a week and a half out of town on staff at a camp.
 by Morgan Matson

I wrote spoiler-free reviews of all three in my #MonthOfMatson Wrap-Up, so check it out. I'm not not-so-patiently waiting for her 2016 release The Unexpected Everything.

 
Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell
 
I grabbed this at Target one day, just because. It was okay. It was pretty outlandish. But I'm pretty sure that it was meant to be. I generally liked the humor. I gave it 3/5 STARS.

 
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes

About 1/4 of the way into this book I looked at the author bio--which is something I usually do before I start reading, but I was excited to dive into this book, and discovered that Stephanie Oakes has an MFA in poetry. And do you want to know something, it shows. This book was beautifully written. All the descriptions you see out there that describe it as a "poetic page-turner" barely do it justice. This book was wonderful. I gave it 5/5 STARS.

 
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
 
I received an eARC of this via NetGalley. And I was really excited about it. Overall I thought it was a cute read, and I will do a full review closer to the release of the book--which is September 1. Overall I gave it 4/5 STARS.


Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

 I stopped myself from buying this book several times, I've read one book by McGarry previously and wasn't too blown away, but the synopsis for this one had be intrigued. Clearly, me talking myself out of it over and over didn't stop me. I bought, I read it, I loved it. I gave it 4.5/5 STARS.


From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion

I received an eARC of this book via NetGalley. I had heard pretty good things about this book, and the synopsis really drew me in, but overall it wasn't

---------------

July Pre-Orders!

 
 
 Survive the Night by Danielle Vega

 Coming out on July 7th is this sophomore novel by Danielle Vega. I ADORED The Merciless by her last year, and I cannot wait to devour this one.


The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson

The second book The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson, and the follow-up to one of my top 3 favorite books of 2014, also comes out on July 7!

1 comment:

  1. You've read AMAZING books! I can honestly say that Everything Everything has been everywhere and it has been on my radar for a while now.. I want it SO bad! When is it coming out again? ..

    8 books is an outstanding number! I can't do that much.. how do you guys do that? hahaha I wish I was a fast reader.

    I've also read Second Chance Summer.. I must admit, I cried.

    - Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete