Thursday, June 11, 2015

How I Read Books Tag!

1. How do you find out about new books to read?

           BookTube and Goodreads. I am all about Goodreads recommendations based on your shelves.

2. How did you get into reading?

           I've always been a reader. Always. And I've always read a lot.

3. How has your taste in books changed as you've gotten older?

           Interestingly enough I'm a little backwards on this, when I passed up Babysitter's Club,      Babysitter's Little Sister, Goosebumps, etc. I started reading full on adult books. I read The General's Daughter by Nelson DeMille (which deals heavily with murder, sexual assault, and other super heavy topics) in 8th grade. Which, looking back, was probably not the best. I also read Angels and Demons, The daVinci Code, Deception Point, and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown as a high school freshman. I interspersed these with more age-appropriate books like Meg Cabot's 1-800-Where-R-U Series and Mediator Series, and of course Harry Potter and Twilight. My sophomore year in college a friend leant me The Hunger Games, and I didn't realize that dystopian was a "thing" and I became obsessed. And here I am.

4. How often do you buy books?

            Way too often. Seriously. I pre-order books a lot, so books are ordered at least twice a month, but BookOutlet has been a true problem for me.

5. How did you get into Booktubing?

            I'm changing this to book blogging. Like I said, I've always been a big reader, and I started watching BookTube a few years ago, but making videos wasn't really something that I could/can do at the moment, so I opted to blog instead. I actually started the blog to weigh in on books I didn't think should be as popular as they were. But I kind of stopped doing that, and now just do reviews, memes, and occasionally tags. :)

6. How do you react when you don't like the end of a book?

           I actually just think about how much money I spent on the book and try to answer what drew me to the book in the first place, and then move on. If it was a book I was excited about organically, I have no one to blame but myself. But if the book was pretty hyped and I know people that recommended it, I'll take their next recommendations with a grain of salt.

7. How often do you take a "sneak peak" at the end of a book to see if there is a happy ending?

           Not very often, but spoilers don't bother me. You can tell me exactly what happens at the end of a book, movie, or TV show and I'm still going to enjoy it just as much (sometimes even more because I notice things I wouldn't have otherwise). If something is really bugging me, I'll Goodreads spoil myself. I would give an example here, but I don't want to spoil anyone. But I purposely spoiled quite a bit about The Mortal Instruments Series for myself to keep myself reading.

8. Who are you going to tag?

           I tag Krystianna at Downright Dystopian!

         

No comments:

Post a Comment