Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday -- Books I Will Probably Never Read.

There are a lot of books that I will probably never read, clicking through BookOutlet teaches me that daily, so I decided to focus on the top ten books I will probably never read that are more recommended to me. There won't be links, because I don't want it to appear that I'm recommending these books to you. Because I'm not, as I won't read them.

 
10. Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon

This books shows up on almost all of my "recommendations" on various book sites, and I've read the description at least ten times, but it just doesn't seem like something I would enjoy.


9. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

This one is similar to the last one, except that I actually borrowed this from a friend, and tried--unsuccessfully, the read the first chapter. Three times. I like creepy, and I like history, and pretty much every other descriptor for this book, but I just couldn't get into it.
 
 
8. Half Bad by Sally Green

I like books about witches (and I think that's because that was pretty much the entire YA paranormal genre when I was a pre-teen), but this series just doesn't seem like something I would enjoy. And it doesn't seem to be one that people recommend to me, just websites.
 
 
7. Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card

I liked Ender's Game, but I've never felt drawn to read any more of the books.
 
 
6. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare and Sarah Rees Brennan

It's all I have right now to keep up with the main books in the Mortal Instruments world. For example, I haven't read the Infernal Devices yet. So I know I'll never get to this, and that's ok. I don't love anthologies. So it's fine by me.
 
 
5. Go Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee

We're getting into the "these books are controversial" area of the list. There is a 99.9% chance I won't read this because I don't feel that it was procured in the appropriate way, and I don't want to financially reward the family and "friends" of Harper Lee that I believe are taking advantage of her.
 
 
4. Endgame: The Calling by James Frey

James Frey. I can't. His factory of writers and the abuse reported out of Full Fathom Five is something I don't want to get on board with unless I just can't help myself. If you don't know what I'm referring to, I highly recommend reading this article: Inside Full Fathom Five.
 
 
3. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

See above.
 
 
2. No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale

Hale-Gate 2014. #NeverForget
 
 
1. Fifty Shades of Grey, et al. by E. L. James

 I've said it before--I'm kind of a prude when it comes to sexual things, so that's one reason, but the second is that the plotline of this series just isn't something I would choose to read.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh these are great picks! I also don't think I'll read Endgame and Half Bad, I should've put these on my list hahaha
    Fifty Shades is obviously there and I definitely agree with you on that one. Along with No One Else Can Have You!

    I was shocked when I knew of the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird, I probably won't read it as well.

    I love this week's TTT :)♥

    PS, I'm a new follower of yours!

    - Jumana @ http://booksbyj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really cool narrowing it down, and a lot easier than I thought it would be! lol Thanks for the follow!!

      Delete