Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday--Books I Plan to Have in my Beach Bag!

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome.

When I think of the beach and beach reads I think of books that I can sit and read in the sunshine without needing to take a break, but able to be broken up in case of interruptions, or the need to swim. OR books that relate to the water or setting of the book in some way. So, there are the ten books I plan to read this summer that fit into one of those two mindsets.
 

 
10. Atlantia by Ally Condie
 
 Atlantis. Under the ocean. Beaches. Yes.
 

9. Origin by Jessica Khoury
 
 So this takes place on an island. And has been on my TBR for years.
 

8. Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
 
 I've been wanting to read this for a bit, and it seems like a good summer read. Because...sunglasses?

 
7. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
 
 I've heard mixed things about this book, and it sure sounds like it's going to make me cry, but sometimes sadness is best matched with sunshine and swimming.

 
6. Lullaby by Amanda Hocking
 
I loved Wake, the first book in this series, and it doesn't get much more beachy than mermaids, so, I hope to read this entire series, but I'm throwing Lullaby on here because I'm realistic.  
 

5. Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobahn Vivien
 
 I read Ashes to Ashes a few months ago, and have been meaning to pick this one up. I own it, just haven't read it yet. I'll get to it during them summer--where contemporaries are perfect.
 

4. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

This is the only Sophie Kinsella book that I haven't read yet. And it's been on my TBR for about a year. So...beach read!
 

3. Landline by Rainbow Rowell
 
 I've also put this book on about three TBRs recently, and just haven't gotten around to it. But I feel like I could read it at a beach, so, there you go. Plus, that yellow phone seems summery.

2. The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel
 
 I'm reading this along with a friend, so I plan to get to this. I think non-fiction is a great thing to have at the beach, but for me, the 50s and 60s are the beach and summertime. Also, there is a TV show premiering, based on this book, on ABC in June!

1. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
 
I know I'm going to get to this. Mainly because I've been looking forward to reading it this summer, but also because I'm now planning to participate in #MonthOfMatson created and hosted by Maureen Keavy. I was really excited to hear about it, because I had kind of been planning to marathon Matson's three books anyway (since I own all three, and they're on The Great Stack).


2 comments:

  1. Wow! These are great books for summertime!
    Since You've Been Gone, Burn for Burn, The Sky is Everywhere and Where'd You Go Bernadette are also on my TBR :)! They seem like great books..

    Atlantia, I'm skeptical about. I haven't heard one good thing about this book nor the author. But I hope you do like it!♥

    MY TTT

    - Jumana @ Books by Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same reservations about Atlantia, in fact, I ordered it sometime last year and haven't had any desire to pick it up. But I've had a few people that follow my Facebook as me to read it for thoughts, so I figured what's a better beach read than one under the ocean? :)

      Delete