Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday -- Top Ten Favorite Authors.

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome.
 
Execpt this week's was kind of difficult--not because I don't know who my favorite authors are, but mostly because I had trouble ranking them. Another issue was the some of my favorite books are written by people who have written other books that I haven't enjoyed at all, so are they still a favorite? I say no.
 
All links will take you to their Goodreads page.

 

10. Amanda Hocking

Hocking is the author of the Trylle Series (both the original, starting with switched, and the new, also amazing spin-off starting with Frostfire), the Wake series, and several other books that are all pretty stellar. I've only read the Trylle books and one book in the Wake series, but I've been blown away every time.
 
 
9. Kristi Cook

Cook is a recent addition to this list (mainly because I've only read one of her books, although I own all of them), but the one book I have read--Magnolia, was so phenomenal and made me so happy, that I had to add her. Read my full review of Magnolia HERE
 
 
8. Alison Kemper

So, Alison Kemper's books are fantastic, and they are probably some of the most well-written and hilarious zombie books ever written. But one of the reasons she's on this list is because I like her as a person. We've never met, but she is a truly wonderful person, and an even better writer. You can read my review of Dead Over Heels--one of my Top 10 Favorite Books I've Read in the Past 3 Years HERE.
 
 
7. Rachel Hawkins

Hawkins wrote one of my favorite books ever: Rebel Belle, and followed it up this month with Miss Mayhem, which I've already devoured and loved, as well as the phenomenal and hilarious Hex Hall series. I love Hawkins' writing, I love her humor, I love her southern charm, and I love her.

 
6. Veronica Rossi

Rossi is the author of the Under the Never Sky trilogy, and you can view my series review HERE. Rossi has written one of the most amazing friendships I have ever read in a book in my life (Roar/Aria) and some words that will stick with me forever that I found at just the right time. This is an amazing, original, and moving series and it's all because of her writing abilities.
 
 
5. Gillian Flynn

Every time I walk away from a book by Gillian Flynn (Dark Places, Sharp Objects, or Gone Girl) I'm just left with this, "Well, my God!" exasperation, emotion, and series of thoughts that I could talk about forever. It has never taken me longer than two days to read one of her books because you have to know everything right now. I highly recommend her for people with dark minds, such as myself. You'll be up all night.
 
 
4. Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot has been on my list of favorite authors since I was about 12. And not because of her Princess Diaries series (although it's ok). Cabot is the author of the 1-800-Where-R-U Series and the Mediator Series--otherwise known as the books that made me want to read everything ever written. These books are still among my favorites, I still lend them out and recommend them on a weekly basis, and she has a new adult book in the Mediator series coming out in 2016 (and I literally can hardly contain my excitement). If you've never read anything by Cabot, or have only read Princess Diaries, I recommend picking up one of these series ASAP.

 
3. J. K. Rowling

Do I really need to explain this? No. I don't.
 
 
2. Morgan Rhodes

I read Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes in December. I read Rebel Spring in January. I read Gathering Darkness in March. Words cannot describe how much I love those books. They are unlike anything I've ever read before and they transport you to Mythica and leave the characters with you. This series was so phenomenal that I have been picking up her other books (under the name Michelle Rowen) and plan on binge-reading them this summer. Please read Falling Kingdoms. You won't regret it. There is something for everyone, and it is so amazingly well-written that even if you hate every character (which you won't because Magnus and Cleo are the ultimate) you'll want to keep reading.
 
 
1. Jen Lancaster

Once I went through a break-up and a friend of mine bought me a book called "Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly, Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why it Often Sucks in the City, or Who are These Idiots and Why Do They All Live Next Door" and I found my spirit animal. Lancaster has written seven memoirs that are drenched in humor, life, and amazingness. She recently branched out into fiction, and it is just as amazing. I own everything she's ever written (and have her two books coming out this year pre-ordered). I'm pretty sure if I ever met her in person we'd become instant best friends. I love her, I love her writing, and you need to read it. Seriously.

 

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely a very hard job choosing and ranking your best authors, but I think you've done a brilliant job here, so well done! I will definitely be adding a few of those books to my list as well. Thanks for a great article.

    ReplyDelete