Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday -- Books I Recently Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome.

Please note, I'm not including books that I have had pre-ordered prior to my book-buying ban, or books that I have always planned to read but the titles or covers were just released, for example: FROZEN TIDES by Michelle Rowen! :) Also, I have at least 800 books on my "TBR" between the 700+ physical books in my living room, and the many, many books on my Kindle, so... If there is a book I haven't read, there is a 99% chance it's sitting on my TBR.

In summary -- these are books that are ALREADY OUT that have been recently added:


10. Origin by Jessica Khoury

I've seen this book and stopped myself from buying it about 100 times, but I recently read several reviews while looking at Khoury's new book, and I convinced myself I needed it.


9. Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys

I saw this recently mentioned by Kassidy from Kassidy Voinche, and I'm always up for New Orleans. I read the description and saw it on Book Outlet, and decided to add it to my pile.


8. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

If you've ever heard Katy from Katytastic or Reagan from PeruseProject talk about Brandon Sanderson, you'll want to read this series too.


7. Sekret by Lindsay Smith

This kept coming up on Book Outlet as a recommendation, and I like X-Men, and I like historical fiction, so why not?


6. Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Rasch

I have heard SO MANY amazing things about this book. So I bought it.

 
5. Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld

Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series is one of my favorites of all time. So, why not? (that's my reasoning for a lot of these).

 
4. Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton

Samantha at Thoughts on Tomes goes on and on about this series (it's mentioned in almost all of her kick-butt heroine-style lists), plus it's set in St. Louis!

 
3. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

I didn't think this was up my alley, but after hearing Lainey from gingerreadslainey rave about it, I decided I would give it a try. She was right about Falling Kingdoms, so that gives her a lot of credibility.

 
2. Red Rising by Pierce Brown

You can't go on YouTube lately without seeing this book, so I thought, why not? (see) I'm currently reading it.
 

1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I loved the  Doon series, and I've been told by so many people that I need to read this series. Plus, I bought the first book in brand new condition for $1 at a used book sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment