Wednesday, March 25, 2015

#T5WFamily -- Top 5 Worst Series Enders.

 
Top 5 Wednesday was started by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey. Lainey is one of my absolute favorite BookTubers, so check her out--she's always linked in the Awesome People section at the bottom of this page!
 
For more info on Top 5 Wednesday check out the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group.

Check out all members of the Top 5 Wednesday Family HERE
 
This weeks Top 5 Wednesday Topic is:  
 
TOP 5 WORST SERIES ENDERS
 
So, before I start, I just want to say something. A disclaimer, if you will. I hated all of these books. All of them. I didn't even DNFd one of them. They made me angry. I will likely use some language that isn't appropriate for those under the age of say, 16. And it might come across like an entitlement thing. That I, as a reader, wasn't happy with the choices of an author, and that I'm whining about those decisions. However, for several of these authors, I have read, and very much enjoyed, other books they have written. So I don't dislike them. But if you think that, stop reading now. Because I was pissed. Am pissed. I am still pissed about most of these. Also, spoilers, LOTS of spoilers.

  
5. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
 
This book was advertised with the tagline "WHO WILL SURVIVE?" and I'll tell you who: EVERYONE. NO ONE DIES! One or two auxiliary characters die. That's it. People who's names you likely don't even remember. But none of the main people. And it was stupid. This ENTIRE book is an ad for the author's other upcoming series. Because that's all her books are--an avenue for her next books. It's why they all take place in the same universe. I haven't read the Infernal Devices series, but I plan to. Because I know what I'm getting into, and that's a commercial.
 
 
4. The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
 
This book completely negated everything that happened previously in the series. It was a true departure from everything even remotely enjoyable about the first two books. I didn't really love those two, they were ok. But this book, the weird turn, and just plain silly ending, ruined the entire world.
 
 
3. Requiem by Lauren Oliver
 
Hey, what happens at the end of Requiem? Do you know? Nope. And I think it's supposed to be fun, exciting, and to leave the reader questioning, but, nope.
 
 
2. Reached by Ally Condie

I mean. What the fuck happened with this book. I liked Matched just fine, but the last chapter had me scared. And then Crossed was just dumb and almost painful to see a book stray so far from its origin. But Reached. I couldn't. I literally didn't even finish it. In the almost full year I have been attempting to read this book, I've read 80 pages. It's not even the same series any more.
 
And in an absolute NON-SHOCKER:
 
 
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
 
Seriously. Because fuck this book. I HATED this book. There are no redeeming qualities to this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment