Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#T5WFamily -- Top 5 Bookish Habits.

 
Top 5 Wednesday was started by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey. Lainey is one of my absolute favorite BookTubers, so check her out--she's always linked in the Awesome People section at the bottom of this page!
 
For more info on Top 5 Wednesday check out the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group.

Check out all members of the Top 5 Wednesday Family HERE
 
This weeks Top 5 Wednesday Topic is:  
 
TOP 5 BOOKISH HABITS I HAVE
 
 
 5. I get too excited about my next book.

I think this might be because I have so many books on my TBR shelves, but I get too excited about the book I'm going to read. So, even if a book is really great, I'll sometimes get bored or annoyed by the last 100 pages or so because I want to move on.
 
 
4. Buying too many books.
 
 Guys, I've said it about 400 times--I have almost 800 physical books on my TBR 'pile'--aka, the two TBR shelves in my upstairs living room that are PACKED full. But even then, I have a full list of pre-orders, and I'll buy books when I find them cheap. I'm especially guilty of loving a book and reading a review or watching a BookTube video about it and then buying books the reviewer points to as similar. Or the author's other books.
 
 
3. I'm actually banned from the library.
 
 This might be why I buy so many books. I'm not exactly "banned" but I owe them almost $100 in "late fees" that I refuse to pay. They're charging me almost double the full price of the library bound book even though I returned it. They don't understand why this would be upsetting. I'll likely pay it eventually, but I'll never visit this library again. The staff, even before this incident, are pretty rude and uninformed.
 
 
2. I read faster on my Kindle.
 
 I read at least twice as fast on my Kindle than I do any physical book. But I prefer to own the physical copies, so I'll suffer through. But if a Kindle version is on sale for less than $3 or so, I'll buy the Kindle version too, so I can read it faster. I also subscribe to Scribd for the same reason. Many of the books on my TBR are also on there--and they have a TON of new release audiobooks. I love it.
 
 
1. I don't re-read books.

Unless it's a book or a series that is leaps and bounds above everything I've ever read, or something I feel defines me and my reading--Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, etc. I don't re-read for a movie or a new release. I'll go back and re-read my review or read spoilers from the first book to remind myself of what happened, but I won't re-read simply because the next book is out or movie is released.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment