Wednesday, March 4, 2015

#T5WFamily -- Top 5 Books I Would Save in a Fire.

Top 5 Wednesday was started by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey. Lainey is one of my absolute favorite BookTubers, so check her out--she's always linked in the Awesome People section at the bottom of this page!
 
For more info on Top 5 Wednesday check out the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group.

Check out all members of the Top 5 Wednesday Family HERE
 
This weeks Top 5 Wednesday Topic is:  

TOP 5 BOOKS I WOULD SAVE IN A FIRE

And let me tell you, this was kind of difficult, because I tried not to cheat, the way I did with my Top 10 Tuesday yesterday, so I couldn't save an entire series, just one book. I also personally decided that the book has to be on my bookshelf. I did this because my Bible is on my bedside table, my photo albums are in the guest room, and the guest book from our wedding is in the hall closet. So those don't count. It has to be on my main set of 8 bookshelves in the upstairs living room that we have take to calling The Library.

5. Ok, I did cheat just a smidgeon, this first one is my Kindle. I know it's more than one book, but it's a book-shaped item, so I'm counting it. It's only one thing. It was also a gift from my dad, so there.


4. Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis

I won an autographed copy of this book in a giveaway from the author, and I was so glad I did. I read this book, and it was kind of creepy, pretty exciting, and overall a great read. This is a really underrated book, plus it's signed by the author, and is so pretty. I'd save it.


3. Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes

I love this series and I would probably cry to see it burn. However, I would save this specific book because my other two books in this series are paperbacks, and in the event that my house caught fire, I think it would be a good reason to upgrade to the hardcovers.


2. Old Magic by Marianne Curley

This is one of my favorite books of all time, and was my very first YA paranormal romance. It had elements of fantasy and magic and pushed me into my love of similar books (like the Mediator Series by Meg Cabot). Also, I have leant this book out more than 4 times and had it not be returned. Meaning that this is the 5th copy of this book I have purchased. I'm not giving up another one.


1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Not only is this the first book in a series that was a defining point in my life, that created a fandom I will never leave, and jumpstarted an already growing passion for reading, but the edition on my shelf was given to me by my mom. Not as a gift, not because I asked for it, but because she went into our local Wal-Mart, saw it, and thought it was something I would like. Something rare when you're the middle child, and something I hold even closer to my heart since my mother passed away last year. This is absolutely the main book I would save in a fire. Plus, I read it, and all the books at the age of 11 (how old I was when this book) in my bedroom closet...which was under the main stairs in my house...so I read it in the closet under the stairs before I knew there was a connection, and that's pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment