Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Top 5 Wednesday -- Books That Take Place in Your Country/Region/Area. #T5WFamily

This is my first ever Top 5 Wednesday, I just really liked the topic for this week and decided to give it a try. Top 5 Wednesday was started by Lainey at GingerReadsLainey. Lainey is one of my absolute favorite BookTubers, so check her out--she's always linked in the Awesome People section at the bottom of this page!
 
For more info on Top 5 Wednesday check out the Top 5 Wednesday Goodreads Group.

Check out all members of the Top 5 Wednesday Family HERE
 
This weeks Top 5 Wednesday Topic is:
 
TOP 5 BOOKS THAT TAKE PLACE IN YOUR COUNTRY/REGION/AREA

I was pumped about this topic because I thought it would be easier--and it was generally easy, but I couldn't decide if it was more important for a book to take place close to me, or if I liked the book. I ended up going with books enjoyed that take place in my area, not just any book in my area/region. A few of them I didn't love, but, the rule I made was that I had to have read the book.

 
 
5. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
 
I mean, I'm not trying to make the case that I live anywhere near Chicago, because I don't, and I've never even been there. (Fingers crossed I get to make my first time BEA 2016!) But this series generally takes place in the Midwest, and I live in the Midwest. This is probably closer to me than a few others on this list, but since "Allegiant" exists, I can't bring myself to rank it any higher.


 
4. Eleanor and Park, Attachments, FanGirl by Rainbow Rowell

All three of these books take place in Nebraska, which is not my home state, but still, the Midwest. So, they count. They're also all quirky and kind of describe the Midwest perfectly.

 
 
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Say what you will about this book, it takes place in the Midwest, specifically Indianapolis, Indiana.
 

2. Anything by Gillian Flynn

Seriously, not only are these books amazing psychological thrillers, but they all take place close to me! Whoop, whoop! If you haven't read anything by Gillian Flynn, and her books include: Gone Girl, Sharp Objects, and Dark Places, and all three are amazing. But, these books are really dark, so if you're not into that kind of thing, I don't recommend them.

 
 
1. The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
 
Not only did I love this book, you can see my review HERE, but it takes place, not just in my region, but basically about 15 minutes from my house! So that's exciting. It also makes me feel pretty great about surviving Engel's dystopian future--because I think that means I'm in a pretty safe place. I can't wait for Engel to explore more of the landscape in The Revolution of Ivy due out in November.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment