Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Heroines From Books

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome.

All links will take you to the first book in the series where applicable.


10. June Iparis from The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu.

I love June because she's a rule-follower like me who only broke the rules when she had to. I appreciate her commitment to the people of the world Marie Lu put her in, and her realistic reasoning for her actions never cease to make me a happy reader.

 

9. Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

One of the only classics that I can truly never tire of, Lizzie Bennett was my first favorite, and she will always be somewhere on the list. She just isn't as kick-butt as the other women here--granted, most of them are fighting demons, ghosts, etc. not attending balls and swooning with Mr. Darcy.   Also, she's a character that can be made modern and a story that can be used again and again, see, The Lizzie Bennett Diaries--one of the best things ever created.

 
8. Suze Simon from The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot.

One of my first supernatural loves, and always one of my favorites. She's not higher on the list because she was usually inconvenienced by her ghostly visitors, and made sure we knew it. The only author on this list twice--she's actually coming out with another book in this series in 2016 and I cannot wait, seriously, I'm dying to know what is going to happen!

 
7. Helen Hamilton from The Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini.

Oh Helen, you're mainly here because of the self-sacrifice element of your story. She would truly do anything for Lucas, the Delos family, and her friends and family. I like that.

 

6. Lela Santos from the Guards of the Shadowlands Trilogy by Sarah Fine. 

One of the most relatable heroines on this list, Lela's life sucked and then sucked some more, and then sucked more than you would ever thing possible. I love her humor, love, and honesty.


5. Rose Hathaway from The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead.

Speaking of humor and dedication, Rose is an amazing character, but I don't know how much I'd want to be around her because she can kind of be a bitch when she's not getting her way.


4. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins.

Obviously Katniss is on this list. I'm not explaining it. I also fully endorse Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, so I'll use her picture here. :)
 

3. Hermione Granger from The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling.

The same for Hermione, she doesn't need an explanation. This girl is the only reason Harry Potter is alive and the wizarding world is still standing, because she reads. I love her. Emma Watson = same, even though her lack of frizzy hair and buck teeth kind of big me.


2. Ruby Daly from The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Brakken.

If you know me, you know Ruby is on this list. She is one of the most amazing people ever, and her transformation throughout the series is one of my favorite character arcs of all time.
 

1. Jess Mastriani from The 1-800-Where-R-U Series by Meg Cabot. 
 
I love Jess, she is my original favorite heroine, and she wins all the awards. If you haven't read this series, you should get on it. It's funny, and is one of the first supernatural series I read, and why I love them so very, very much. Meg Cabot is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment