Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top 10 Tuesday -- Book Related Problems I Have.

Top Ten Tuesdays  was created by The Broke and the Bookish, and it's awesome.


10. Being distracted by reading.

I can't ever get anything done if I'm reading a good book. Like cleaning.

9. Picking a place to read.

 
I have trouble getting comfortable when I read, I move around. So I can never decide if I want to read in bed, on the floor, or in the living room. And I'm get uncomfortable in one area and then move to another, and it's an endless thing.

8. Bookmarks.
 
I never seem to have bookmarks. I even made a collection of photo bookmarks to use, and they are still always out of reach. I recently made some Jess Kidding Books bookmarks with my logo on them, so I've been using those, but I keep forgetting them in another room. See above.

7. Not remembering what happened previously in a series.
 
I get distracted by other books, which is coming later, so I'll take breaks within a series--or a series isn't all out and I'll wait FOREVER for the next book to come out. I don't like re-reading books, so I don't, and then I'm surprised by things I already know. It usually takes me 2-3 chapters to readjust to a world in a given series. I remember eventually.

6. Remembering not to reveal spoilers.
 
Spoilers don't bother me, at all, you can tell me some big twist and I'll still read the book or watch the movie or TV show, so I forget that not everyone is like me. I will actually make people tell me spoilers if they're out there. I promise I will never purposely spoil anything, and I do try to watch myself, but I have to be cognizant of it.

5. Getting comfortable.
 
This goes back to the picking a place to read. I am constantly shifting and moving.

4. Eating while reading.
 
I can't do it. I can't eat and read. So I just won't eat while I'm reading a book. And if it's a good book, this can be a bad thing. I try to snack while reading, but, going back to getting comfortable, I'm usually laying down when I read, so that makes it even more difficult.

3. Becoming easily distracted by new books.
 
Have I mentioned that I have almost 800 books on my TBR pile? This is thanks, in large part, to my inability to not buy new books. So instead of reading the first book in a series that has been out for about three years (see Under the Never Sky), I'll grab a new book, and wait until the entire series it out.

2. Reading instead of sleeping.
 
I am an adult. I have a job. I really, really should not be pulling all nighters in order to finish books. But I do.

1. Buying too many books!
 
Once again, have I mentioned my TBR? Because I can't stop myself from buying book when they're cheap. I blame BookOutlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment