Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January Wrap-Up and February TBR -- 2015.



I read 10 books in January, and only 3 out of the 10 were pictured in my Intended TBR on Instagram. Because I suck at being boxed in like that. Boom. However, of the books I read, most them were 5/5 stars, so that is exciting:

I started off the month reading "This Shattered World," which I reviewed HERE. Overall, I gave it a 3.5/5 stars.

Then I read the entire "Under the Never Sky" series all the way through, and I loved all of it. My series review is HERE.

I then read "The Book of Ivy" and I gave it 5/5 stars HERE.

My pre-order of "The Conspiracy of Us" arrived, and I gave it 4.5/5 stars, and my review is HERE.

 I then accidentally stayed up all night and read "Magnolia" by Kristi Cook from start to finish. How I came to read this book is a long story, but I bought it when it was the Kindle Deal of the Day, although I have tried to purchase it other places a few times. A few weeks ago I ended up ordering it from the author's ApollyCon signed books online order, and will receive a personalized copy in the next few weeks--so I thought I should give it a read. Overall, I gave it a 5/5 stars, it was truly adorable and just as fluffy and wonderful as I thought it would be.

On Halloween I won Kat Ellis' giveaway for an autographed copy of her book "Blackfin Sky," and I just got around to reading it this month. It was really original and a great read. I gave it 4.5/5 stars.

My pre-order of "Frostfire," the first book in the Kanin Chronicles, the spin-off of the Trylle Series by Amanda Hocking arrived, and I loved every second of it. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I kind of expected this series to be very similar characters and the same basic story as Trylle--which I would have been fine with, because I loved that series. But it wasn't, I'm obsessed and have the rest of the series--which all comes out this year, pre-ordered already. I gave it a 5/5 stars.

My final read of the month was probably my least favorite--"The Coldest Girl in Coldtown" by Holly Black. I bought this book because I pre-ordered "The Darkest Part of the Forest" and because I love Holly Black. Unfortunately I wasn't in love with this book, but I didn't HATE it. I ended up giving it a 2.5/5 stars.

What did you read in January? Anything good?

I hope February is just as successful in terms of stars--but it will probably be better. Here's my Intended February TBR:


Lots of reds in there--so, kind of Valentines-ey, right? No? War and uprisings? Yes. :)
That's more my style anyway.
 
As you can see, my February TBR is more focused on books I should have already read by now based on anything. I have the Lunar Chronicles--I pre-ordered Cress in paperback, but it was delivered after I took this photo, books two and three in the already amazing Falling Kingdoms series, the Grisha Trilogy, and "I Was Here" by Gayle Forman, which I've just finished and will review soon.
 
Also missing from this picture are the SIX books I have pre-ordered for the month (hey, it's my birthday month, back-off), which are:

 
"Red Queen" by Victoria Aveyard
 
 
"Invaded" by Melissa Landers
 
 
"The Glass Arrow" by Kristen Simmons
 
All released February 10, 2015
 

"Unleashed" by Sophie Jordan
 
 
"A Wicked Thing" by Rhiannon Thomas
 
 
"The Sin Eater's Daughter" by Melinda Salisbury.
 
All released February 24, 2015.

You can view all my 2015 Pre-Orders HERE
 


3 comments:

  1. Hahah "accidentally" stayed up all night. xD Hahah it happened to the best of us.
    Omg, The Sin Eater's Daughter's cover is absolutely gorgeous! I love the cover so much I feel like framing it! I really really hope the book is as good as the cover, maybe more! Fingers cross! Btw, have fun with these books! :)
    Azee @ UnderCover Critique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing an extended review on Magnolia right now, and it'll be up this week hopefully. lol

      I seriously cannot wait for The Sin Eater's Daughter--did you know the Kindle book is only $2.99? http://www.amazon.com/Sin-Eaters-Daughter-Melinda-Salisbury-ebook/dp/B00M9M3YK0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423510375&sr=8-1&keywords=the+sin+eater%27s+daughter

      I pre-ordered it on my Kindle, and then will order the hard cover if I love it as much as I think I'm going to. But YES to the poster thing! I have a long list of book covers I'd like as posters! Why isn't that more of a thing!?!

      Delete
    2. Hahah a good book always needs time to be reviewed.
      Oh, I did not know that!! Thanks for telling! But, I had stopped using Kindle for a month now. Besides, this book has a gorgeous cover so I definitely will buy a hardcover to put up my shelf!
      Hahah we can be the one who start this trend! xD

      Delete