Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday (sort of, #3) -- Top 10 Books I Read in 2014.


I had worked on my lists for the last few Top Ten Tuesdays (props to the The Broke and the Bookish, whoop whoop), but, as you all know I had a family tragedy. But I still wanted to post these out there (plus it gives me something to do). So, this is the Top 10 from December 16. Also, PS, I cheated--if it was in the same series, I counted it as one. 

10. "Sweet Reckoning" by Wendy Higgins
 
The final book in the "Sweet Evil" series tied the books together very well. It was pretty much the ending everyone wanted, and that's sometimes a good thing. I can't say much more because this is the last book in a series, other than, please do not let the terrible covers of these books stop you from reading them. The covers make them look like cheesy romance novels--and they aren't. They are exciting, well-written, and engrossing books. 

9. "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver
 
This book...guys...this book ripped my heart out. I devoured it in about two days. I thought about it when I wasn't reading it. I obsessed over it. Please go read this, and please know that once you get past the first 60 pages, it is one of the best books I've ever read.
 

8. "Landry Park" by Bethany Hagen
 
I have raved about this book for months now, and if you haven't read it yet, I want to know what the heck is wrong with you. Because something must be. It's a Dystopian "Pride and Prejudice" and there really is no other way to describe it.

7. "Rebel Belle" by Rachel Hawkins
 
I've also talked about this book quite a bit--this is a book that comes across as light and fluffy, but is anything but. It was exciting, funny, and delicious. I cannot wait for the sequel in 2015.
 

6. "Sanctum," "Fractured," "Chaos," and "Captive" by Sarah Fine
 
I've talked about Sarah Fine previously, and I am not lying when I say that her writing it original and so true to reality within a supernatural story that you can't stop reading.

5. "Ready Player One" by Ernest Kline
 
I didn't expect to like this book, but I did. Read it. Now.

4. "Falling Kingdoms" by Morgan Rhodes
 
Lainey from GingerReadsLainey raved about this book so much that I bought the first two without much thought. And I read the first one before the end of the year, and I loved it. 

3. "The 5th Wave" by Rick Yancey
 
This book was another surprise for me. Read it too. Aliens. Maybe. 

2. "Never Fade" and "In the Afterlight" by Alexandra Brakken
 
If you haven't read this series, I honestly don't think we can be friends.

1. "The Kiss of Deception" by Mary E. Pearson
 
Everything I hoped it would be and more. Best book I read in 2014. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment