Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday -- 10 New Year's Resolutions.


There aren’t really in a particular order, even though they are numbered. All of these are important. I thank The Broke and the Bookish for the personal Top 10 topic.

10. Cut back on some unhealthy habits.

I currently take Excedrin 2-3 times a day (the limit is 4 doses a day on the tablets I take) for headaches, etc. I’d like to stop taking so much Tylenol and Ibuprofen. But I’d also like to cut back on caffeine. I successfully did this in 2014, even when work got crazy, until recently, so I’d like to get back to that place.

9. Visit my family more often.

I only see my family (especially my parents) once or twice a year. I see my niece and nephew only slightly more than that because they come stay with us for a week each year. My family is kind of insane, but I really should make more of an effort. (Side note: I wrote this prior to my mother's death. I regret this aspect of my life--not spending as much time at home, and I will dedicate this year to this resolution.)

8. Continue to lose weight.

I’ve never been tiny, and this year I successfully lost more than twenty pounds. I’d like to continue that and my commitment to being healthy.

7. Be more selective with book purchases.

I talk a lot about my 600+ book TBR pile, and it really is a little out of control. I’ll probably only read 500 or so of the books on there. Many of them are AMAZING books that I just haven’t gotten to yet, but some of them are crappy books that I’ll never read that I bought on severe clearance. I’d like to stop buying there “cheap” books and reallocate that money to better books, pre-orders, etc. (Side note: Again, I wrote this almost a month ago, and after my Boxing Day Book Outlet order, I'm placing myself on a book buying ban--except pre-orders.)

6. Go on a trip.

My husband and I have never been on a trip together. Ever. And I haven’t been on a vacation since I was in college.

5. Be a better wife.

I’ve been putting this one on my list since the day I got married, and before that it was “be a better girlfriend”. Not matter what any of us do, we aren’t perfect. No matter how great you are, there is always room for improvement. I’m not perfect, and I can always work harder to achieve this. J

4. Read 100+ books again.

This year I read more than 100 books, significantly more if I count the books that I read for my Thesis paper. I did this in spite of crazy work, a promotion, and being in school half the year. I’d really like to step this up this year. I’m not going to put a lot of pressure on myself, but I’m shooting for 125+.

3. Be a better housekeeper.

I work upwards of 75 hours a week at my job, and my husband works about the same, add to that reading, activities, and sleeping time, and I’m usually not interested in doing the dishes. But I really should focus more on it. I deal with a lot of stress, and the majority of that would be resolved if coming home wasn’t a hassle for me. Keeping the house better—mopping more often, not putting off dishes, and not living out of the dryer, aka putting clothes away, would help.

2. Give back to the community more.

Especially if I don’t continue my Master’s program, I would like to get involved in more community organizations. I’m currently very involved in my collegiate sorority’s alumnae system, but this doesn’t really fit into community service on a local level. I’d like to help with Girl Scouts and possibly the CASA program.

1. Be more consistent with this blog.

I know I just started a few months ago, but I love being a part of this community, and being able to voice my opinion. I also enjoy the relationship I have developed with authors and other bloggers. I’d love to continue this and make it even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment