Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY -- Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR.

To begin, this list should more be called, Top Ten Books I'm Ashamed I Haven't Read Yet.

I won't go in to too much detail on these because you likely know what they're about. Because you've read them. As have everyone and their mother. Except for me.


10. Rapture by Lauren Kate

So I started this series almost a year ago. I have told myself I was going to start this book, to finish this quickly falling apart series for about a year now. If you don’t know, this is the last book in the Fallen series, and I can’t really describe it without giving away the previous three books. It’s about fallen angels battling demons. That’s all you really need to know.

9. The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

I have had this book on my monthly TBR for the past two months, and I need to get around to it. I haven’t read it yet for one reason (don’t judge!) but it’s a cumbersome book. I find it hard to get comfortable with a book like this—larger and kind of heavy. I’d much rather lay down and read a paperback. I feel like I should read this at a table.

8. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

I bought this completely because of the glowing reviews from Lainey at Ginger Reads Lainey and Reagan from the Peruse Project gave it on their YouTube channels.

7. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

I first heard about this book on Jamie at Erhagherd Berks’ channel, and kept hearing about it in the chick lit lists from Heather at Bookables. I love Sophie Kinsella, a lot, so it didn’t take a lot of convincing. But that’s why I bought it. It sounds like an adorable but original chick lit book, and I need something light and fluffy to go along with the depth of the rest of this list.

6. The Across the Universe Series by Beth Revis

I recently read The Body Electric by Beth Revis, and I am now afraid of this series. I’ve owned all three books for a while, and I love science fiction and space and the premise. I’m just nervous because my only experience with Revis is a book I didn’t love.

5. Shadow and Bone and Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

I don’t own Ruin and Rising, so I’ve been putting this off. I made the mistake of buying this book and the next two series on this list in paperback originally, so I have to wait until the next books in each series come out in paperback. Because that’s how I am. So part of me hasn’t read this because I don’t want to fall in love and not have the third book, but I’ve come to close to hearing too many spoilers to keep putting this off.

4. Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Another series that I own the first two of, but keep putting off because I don’t have the next one. Once again, I bought these in paperback and I won’t buy Cress until I can get it in paperback as well.

3. Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

#ISuck, once again, I own the first two in paperback. I bought the first one completely on the suggestion of Lainey from Ginger Reads Lainey, and then I bought the second one because I had a gift card and she raved about it so much. So I blame her for this.

2. The Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi

I own this whole series! That’s an accomplishment for me. But I’ve put it off for the same reason, I only recently bought the third one.

1. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

I’m sort of cheating, I couldn’t out this one off anymore, and I’m currently reading it. And loving it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment